Each of us will have to give an account to God
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
Keep in mind these 3 points- Know, Cooperate and Remind, and I am confident we will do the right thing, always.
From last week’s Pastor’s Heart, you would have gleaned at least a couple of biblical principles:
1. For every action there’s a consequence;
2. The seeds of deeds we sow now will affect our future.
Following points 1 and 2 is another truth; on Judgment Day, each of us will have to give an account to God for the words we say and the things we do (Romans 14:12).
This Sunday, I’d like to suggest some steps to ensure we do the right thing, always.
1. Know the Word of God well because only His Word is able to train us to do the right thing (2 Timothy 3:16-17). While I observe that many people know God’s Word, not many are able to apply His word. For instance, many know God’s Word about forgiveness and loving people but they do not know how that translates into real life application or have the courage or faith to apply His Word. As a result, we Christians are no different from the behavior of the rest of the world.
2. Cooperate with the Holy Spirit because He will guide you into all truth and help you do the right thing (John 15:13, 14:26). I have encountered Christians who claim they are spirit-led but their behavior seems to show otherwise. This is because they do not have the right view of the work of the Holy Spirit. As a result, they are not in a position to fully cooperate with the Holy Spirit. Then there are those who are unable to cooperate with the Holy Spirit because of pride.
3. Remind yourself that you were bought at a price, so you are to honor God with your body (1 Corinthians 12:13). Because God the Father created our bodies (body, soul and spirit), Jesus the Son redeemed them through His work on the Cross, and the Holy Spirit indwells them, this makes our body the very temple of the Holy Spirit. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing else.
Keep in mind these 3 points- Know, Cooperate and Remind, and I am confident we will do the right thing, always. God bless you!
By Ps Simon Say