Standing in the gap
- Development of a vaccine to curb the coronavirus. Ask God to grant revelation and wisdom to the medical research teams to achieve breakthrough and progress in the testing and use of vaccine.
- Peaceful relations among countries. Pray for God’s love to fill the whole earth and for His protection over this world that He has created.
- Famine. Pray specifically for the many countries facing famine. According to a warning by the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), the current pandemic will cause a large-scale food crisis, and the number of people suffering from severe hunger will surge to 265 million. The pandemic has also hindered agricultural activities in many countries as well as impacted logistics management and transportation. In Europe, there is a shortage of agricultural workers. Furthermore, many countries have imposed export restrictions on agricultural products, which have then pushed up food prices globally.
- The new normal. There will be many changes in the post Covid-19 world, certain industries or habits may vanish, and new industries will emerge. Pray for the rebuilding of a healthy society.
- Family health. Family problems that have surfaced as a result of the pandemic will be resolved.
- Personal mental health. May God intervene in our lives and heal every wounded heart.
- Life post circuit breaker period. We will have a stronger sense of social responsibility, caring and supporting one another.
- Use of new media. The church will continue to be more tech-savvy. Brothers and sisters will acquire and adapt to new learning and interaction methods quickly.
- A new generation of leaders. Ask God to raise up leaders like Joseph, Daniel and Esther to lead the church in overcoming future challenges.
- Fulfil God’s commission. Ask the Holy Spirit to fill our church and raise many to become witnesses for God.