Standing in the gap
1) Singapore is HOME for us all. Small and imperfect it may be, yet hugely blessed.
– the world’s best airport
– the world’s top airline
– the world’s busiest seaport
– the world’s most competitive economy
– one of the world’s richest countries per capita
All the above comes from the grace and mercy of God Almighty.
– Let us humbly acknowledge that our capacity to come this far is from God. Let no one say “My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me” (Deut 8:17)
– Ask God for a greater reputation of humility, generosity and kindness to the poor and needy neighbours as well as nations farther away.
2) Give thanks to God for blessing Singapore with 55 years of good governance, excellent international standing, high standards of living and much more. God has used our government to bring us through numerous challenges – big and small – during those early formative years.
On July 10, Singapore will go into another General Election in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic; and an impending recession because of it. This is an unprecedented challenge for Singapore. God is our Help, and the Church is His agent. Let’s pray unceasingly for our leaders “so that we can live quiet and peaceful lives” (1 Tim 2:2)
– Ask God on behalf of our Government for godly wisdom to rightly read the times and see the way to lead Singapore through this global crisis into calm waters the way He has done before.
– The upcoming General Elections will also set in motion the next stage of transition for our top leadership. Ask for God’s very own candidates to be elected into office according to His perfect plan for Singapore.
– Ask God to preside over the General Elections so that the outcome of it will enhance the legacy of good governance, progress and prosperity to continue from this generation to the next.
3) A Prayer of Commitment (For the KY Young People)
Lord, whatever the cost, You are worth it!!
Strengthen my generation to live for You, and proclaim Your Word.
Come what may, I will stand my ground – undaunted, unafraid, undeterred.
I will be more concerned about Your will than my personal happiness, comfort and security.
I submit my life to You. Empower me to live for You and serve You.
Together with other like-minded youths we will fill Singapore with Your life-giving Word, and Your name be glorified in this land.