Standing in the gap
- Global COVID-19 Pandemic
a. With COVID-19 cases rising for the ninth consecutive week (see https://www.who.int) pray for God’s mercy and for the gospel message to spread (Matthew 9:35,38).
b. The Church to be the salt and light in the midst of confusion and chaos (Matthew 5:13-16);
c. Pray over the continued unrest and political turmoil in Myanmar.
d. Pray for God’s mercy and intervention over the recent conflict between Israel and Palestine.
- As we enter into a time of Pentecost (May 23rd)…
a. That the Church of Jesus Christ celebrates this significant event, she will usher in the Holy Spirit to impact not only the Church but the world.
b. The world may find true peace that only the Prince of Peace can give (John 14:27).
- Poor and Needy: Remember the poor, the homeless, the broken, the sick and those suffering due to job loss and without hope. Pray that God, in His grace and mercy, will reveal Himself in their difficulty and desperation (Deuteronomy 15:10-11; Psalm 82:3-4).
- Government: Thank God for our government’s leaders. Pray for them as they go through a tough leadership transition. May God pour out His grace over our nation’s leaders, grant them His wisdom, release His understanding and compassion upon their hearts and remind them of their purpose as they serve the people (1 Timothy 2:2).
CHURCH IN SINGAPORE
- That the Church will earnestly reach out to the poor, the needy and the lost, carrying with them the Lord’s love and compassion as they obey the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20).
- More than ever before, the Church in Singapore will endeavour to disciple everyone, from the cradle to the grave, within and without the nation (Matthew 28:18-20).
KUM YAN CHURCH
- Pray for Kum Yan as one body to keep the unity of the Holy Spirit through the bond of peace, led by our one and only Lord Jesus Christ for the glory of God the Father (Ephesians 4:1-6).
- Pray for Kum Yanites to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18).