Standing in the gap
River Valley High School Incident
1) Singapore has never experienced such a tragedy in our schools before. We would not know the degree of pain and grief suffered by the families of the 2 students involved, but the Father knows. Ask the God of all comfort, full of compassion and kindness, to provide them with comfort and the healing they need in this time.
2) Pray for teachers and the Ministry of Education to be able to handle this with wisdom, sensitivity and compassion. Pray also for RVHS’ Staff & Teachers who are traumatised by the incident.
3) Though incidents like this may be ‘common’ in other nations, we stand to pray that it will not be so for Singapore. Let us faithfully push back against this work the devil has planned for SG. Also, reject the spirit of fear that seeks to demoralise or cripple parents, teachers and students
4) Pray for Righteousness to multiply in Christians to impact Singapore in a real way. Righteousness exalts a nation; but sin is a reproach to any people. (Prov 14:34).
1) Give Thanks & Praise God for Singapore has overcome numerous seemingly insurmountable national crises since our independence. “Thus far the Lord has helped us” (1 Sam 7:12)
2) Now, after 55 years we are encounter Covid-19, another seemingly insurmountable problem.
Let us again declare with boldness: “The Lord sat enthroned over the floods. The Lord sits enthroned as King Forever”. (Ps 29:10) We too, shall overcome Covid-19 by God’s grace!
3) Pray for the Ministers and officials in the various government departments who are Christians, to call upon God over the many challenges at hand. Together with the Church – let us pray for God’s solution to bring our nation out of this pandemic. May God be glorified and His name be exalted all across our nation and even beyond our shores.
4) While many are government-bashing through social media, pray for Christians and other Singaporeans to encourage our ministers and leaders. May they be supernaturally renewed in strength to fight this battle till it has been won.