Standing in the gap
For Kum Yan
Pray for the YOUTHS of Kum Yan – “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity (1Tim 4:12). Pray……
- That they will love God and find their identity and security in Him
- That they will hear and obey the Word of the Lord for themselves
- That they will answer the call of God for their lives
- That they will fear God, overcome peer pressure and resist worldly values and worldly lusts
- That they will distinguish themselves by their exceptional character, compassion, commitment and courage to reflect Jesus’ beauty with their lives; and to excel in every arena God places them.
On behalf of Singapore, humbly acknowledge the hand of the Lord in our Nation’s history. He has delivered us from trials and tribulations through the years. Give to Him our extravagant praise.
- You are the reason for Singapore’s success.
- You shepherded us through leaders of integrity and imagination.
- You watched over us through the separation from Malaysia; the communal riots; the withdrawal of British troops during our direst need.
- You spared us from the Asian Financial crisis and kept us in the calm amid the raging storm.
- You protected us from terrorist plots
- You delivered us from the scourge of Sars and the ensuing pestilences that stalked the region.
- You granted peace to our borders and satisfied us with the finest of goods.
- You gave us an influence that’s disproportionate to our size.
- You have been Singapore’s Reliable Refuge and Strong Tower. We declare that indeed You are our “Ebenezer” – Thus Far the LORD has helped us (1Sam 7:12)
Pray Psalm 124
2 if the LORD had not been on our side when people attacked us,
3 they would have swallowed us alive when their anger flared against us;
4 the flood would have engulfed us, the torrent would have swept over us,
5 the raging waters would have swept us away.
6 Praise be to the LORD, who has not let us be torn by their teeth.
8 Our help is in the name of the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.